Get your family out of the house this summer!
South Carolina is notorious for its long, hot summers. Here are some ways to keep your kids active, safe, and having fun before school starts back up!
- Hit up your local parks or playgrounds! Many have free summer programs for kids as well as great trails, open space, and playground equipment. Water parks included.
- Enjoy free concerts, movies in the park, or festivals. South Carolina has plenty! Check your local newspaper to find the details.
- Pack a picnic and, depending on your children’s age, find a hiking or walking trail to enjoy together. Have them act out different woodsy animals or try to find some good climbing trees.
- Head to the lake or the beach! You all can soak up the sun or battle the heat with some water fun.
- Spend a day cooling down in the library. Children of all ages can enjoy sitting in the air conditioning with a good book and picking out ones to take home with them.
- Many museums, zoos, and historic attractions have free or discounted days, especially during the summer. Riverbanks Zoo, for example, offers two admissions for the price of one on Toucan Tuesdays if you bring two cans to donate!
Faith WorksWe believe that healthy people make our families and communities grow ever stronger. Our free services help the underinsured, and uninsured, stay healthy and working.
Faith HealsWe provide both medical and spiritual support. The Good Samaritan Clinics are a safe place to receive free general medical care, health education, prevention advice, and spiritual guidance.
Faith HelpsVolunteers and donors are the heart and soul of our clinics. Through their generosity, we are able to provide medical and dental services in our community free of charge.
Faith ProvidesWe help because, without it, many in our community would be left to suffer and risk their lives out of fear. That’s why, in the spirit of the Good Samaritan, our Clinics provide free medical care to those in need.
News and Events
Learn about changes, updates, and special events at the Good Samaritan Clinics of the Midlands.
Get up to date on the latest developments and services provided by the Good Samaritan and our partner organizations.